Monday, January 14, 2008 .

  Have you tried Bare Minerals? 1/14/2008 02:49:00 PM
<--PREVIOUS  NEXT-->





I am pretty sure most of you guys have heard of Bare -Minerals, but have you ever tried it? It's that infomercial that keeps saying "make up so pure, you can sleep in it." I tried Bare -Minerals about 4 years ago, but I couldn't keep up with the high prices being a broke college student. Four years later, I decided to give it another try! Sure enough, I fell in love with the product once again.

The start up kit runs about $60 on their website www.bareminerals.com. It comes with this pore-refining gel that covers up your pores giving you a flawless look. It also comes with 2 shades of their foundations which really looks like loose powder. You mix up the 2 colors to get that perfectly matched skintone (a huge problem in finding that perfect foundation!!). I tried so many different types of foundations, and I strongly believe that you need to spend a little more on foundation. It's ok to invest a little on foundation... Just budget on other things like lip gloss, eyeliner, shadows, mascara, etc...

These are the basic steps:
  • Prep your skin! Wash, Tone, Use their pore refining gel, and those of you who have dry skin put a little extra moisturizer because the gel tends to dry you out.
  • You swirl, tap, and buff the 2 foundation colors that you've mixed onto your face/neck.
  • If you still see spots and blemishes, conceal it with the same powder that you mixed. It comes with a concealer brush that really really conceals your spots.
  • The kit comes with a bronzer, but I feel like the color is way too deep. You can use your own like I do.
  • After all that, use the mineral veil finishing powder all over the face. It will help keep your make up stay put all day long!
I give this product a 9 out of 10. I say 9, because it does get a little messy! You have to mix loose powders! And also, the fact that it cost me $60 to start turned me off a bit. Besides these 2 cons, I can't think of any. I truly think this product can benefit girls of all ages and all skin types. It makes your skin feel so nice and look so flawless. It's so worth it. Give it a try, and I'm pretty sure you won't regret it.

Tip: You can actually find BareMinerals Products on Ebay! I think it runs about $40.


Source: www.bareminerals.com

Labels: , , , , ,


♥saysay on 1/14/2008 02:49:00 PM

1 comments

1 Comments:

Bare Minerals usually is the first mineral makeup anyone tries since it's the most well known name. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it's the BEST mineral makeup. The biggest negative is that their products contain bismuth oxychloride - which, although "technically" it can be called a mineral, it's not a naturally occuring mineral. It's a by-product of lead and copper processing! Many find it to be a skin irritant, causing itchiness.

Here's another mineral makeup company to try: Purely Cosmetics. Their mineral makeup is nothing but 100% pre, naturally occuring earth minerals. They contain no bismuth, there's no need to wear a mineral veil (which to me is just an excuse to make you buy a 2nd BM product), and the coverage is fantastic. I put it on at 6am, and it's still just as fresh when I go to bed. Unlike BM, they have several starter kits - but YOU get to choose the colors; not the company making some pre-made kit. They also sell sample sizes so that you can be sure to find the right shade before plunking down for a full size. They'll even custom blend for you!

Check them out - their website is www.PurelyCosmetics.com.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Jan 17, 08:23:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment